Thursday, June 26, 2008

FOR A STRANGER

So today was my 3rd day at my new job. It is going good and I think I am going to like it. The people are awesome that I work with. After work I just came home and hung out with the kids for a little bit and then when i put them in bed I left to go to Wal-Mart. Afterwards I ate at Whataburger and it was DELICIOUS! While I was there I did something that just made my whole night. I was sitting in the drive through waiting for my turn and when I pulled up to the window I decided not only to pay for my food, but to pay for the food of the 2 cars behind me. I did not care about how much it was, I just wanted to reach out and do something nice for one or two people and hope that they turn around and do it to someone else. A friend of mine wrote something a while back that I read and I thought it was wonderful. It has encouraged me to do this and to try and do more things like this. The point was NOT that I paid for their food, it was that I took the time to think about other people...people that I had never met and did something for them that most people would not do. Everyone should just give one thing to a complete stranger (even if it is as little as advise) and then you will feel that you have done something wonderful and you will feel great about it. I am not as happy here in MS as I thought I was going to be. I do miss my job in the AF more than anything. If I could change my mind and go back to NM I probably would. I do not want to leave my parents, but I just do not feel complete in what I am doing. I actually broke down and started crying in the bathroom when I got home from work because I feel so empty and alone and feel like I made the wrong decision. I feel much better knowing that I did something nice for a stranger today, hoping that if they are feeling more down than I am that I would put a smile on their face and they would know that It is not as horrible as we are making it out to be.

"Happiness comes to those who are moving toward something they want very much to
happen. And it almost always involves making someone else happy."

xoxo

1 comments:

Melissa said...

Good Job Brandy!! I have ALWAYS wanted to do this...but everytime I go to do it, I chicken out. But you are a great example....hopefully one of these days I will give it a try. Sorry you are having a hard time. I hope you are doing okay. Tell your kiddies hello!

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster